Featuring wireless-AC technology and four Ethernet ports, the Linksys AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router is made for the well-connected home. It allows you to stream videos, play online games, and do other Internet activities simultaneously, on multiple devices. Dual bands and two external antennas provide an exceptionally strong, reliable wireless signal without dead spots. Four Ethernet ports provide connectivity to wired devices, while a USB 2.0 port lets you transfer files or share devices across your network.
The AC1200 allows you to stream videos, play online games, and do other Internet activities simultaneously, on multiple devices.
Four Ethernet ports provide connectivity to wired devices, while a USB 2.0 port lets you transfer files or share devices across your network.
Wireless-AC Technology for Powerful Networking
The Linksys AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router features high-speed wireless-AC technology along with dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with speeds up to N300 Mbps + AC867 Mbps. The router enables data traffic to flow quickly and with minimal buffering so gaming, media streaming, and other Internet activities can occur simultaneously without interruptions or interference. Wireless-AC delivers speeds up to 2.8 times faster than wireless-N, making this router well suited for homes with multiple devices.
Ethernet and USB 2.0 Ports for Wired Connections
On the back of the AC1200 are four Ethernet ports that allow you to connect wired devices directly for Internet access as well as share data on external storage devices. The router also comes equipped with a USB 2.0 port, which allows you to transfer files or connect a printer to your network.
For users who spend a lot of time transferring large files, such as HD videos, Linksys also offers an AC1200+ router. The AC1200+ has a USB 3.0 port and four Gigabit Ethernet ports that allow for super-fast transfer speeds over a wired connection.
Smart Wi-Fi for Greater Control
With Linksys Smart Wi-Fi software, you can access and control your home network at any time, wherever you are. For example, Smart Wi-Fi allows you to restrict Internet access at certain times of the day with parental controls. It also allows you to create unique Wi-Fi passwords for your guests, monitor and add devices on your home network, and check upload and download speeds. In addition, this software allows you to prioritize which devices on your network get the most bandwidth. This enables you to reduce lag times and buffering when you’re streaming media or playing online games.
Wireless Security to Block Unauthorized Access
The AC1200 features Wi-Fi Protected Setup along with WPA2 encryption and an SPI firewall to protect your data and keep your home Wi-Fi network secure. The router also allows you to create a dedicated network for guests and offers parental controls to limit access for children.
Easy Setup without a CD
Getting the AC1200 up and running is simple. Just plug the router into a power source, connect it to your Internet modem and your computer or laptop, connect to the Linksys secure network shown in the quick start guide, and follow the instructions. No installation CD is required.
For router setup and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi access, the AC1200 router requires Internet Explorer 8, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, or Google Chrome browser. For printer sharing and user documentation, it requires a Wi-Fi-enabled PC that has a CD or DVD drive and that runs Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8; or a Wi-Fi-enabled Mac that has a CD or DVD drive and that runs Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8, or Mavericks 10.9.
What’s in the Box
Linksys AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router, Ethernet cable, power adapter, quick start guide, and CD-ROM with documentation.
AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router
At a Glance:
- Wireless-AC is faster than wireless-N for media streaming and more
- Dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for fast data transfer speeds
- Four Ethernet ports for wired connections
- USB 2.0 port to connect devices across your network
- Smart Wi-Fi lets you remotely access and manage your network
- Up to 2.8 times faster than Wireless-N technology: Simultaneous dual-band speed up to N300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + AC867 Mbps (5 GHz) for media-intense applications
- Faster Transfer Rates: USB 2.0 and Fast Ethernet for sharing photos, video, data files or a printer across your network
- Smart Wi-Fi allows users to prioritize devices or websites, gain parental control over inappropriate content, monitor network activity, turn Wi-Fi access on or off, and create select password-protected guest networks.
- Smart Wi-Fi apps: A growing suite of apps offers improved opportunities to control one’s home network
- Easy setup: Simple installation requires no CD
- Package includes: Linksys EA6100 AC1200 Dual Band Smart Wi-Fi Router + 1 x USB 2.0, CD-ROM with Setup Software and Resources, Ethernet Cable and Power Adapter